Handmade Ready Meals and Pies
Food and friendship: Bringing the taste of The Hazelmere to your home – One of life’s greatest pleasures is well cooked homemade food !
We’re proud of our strong ties to the local community and enjoy long standing relationships with suppliers and customers alike. We also believe that everyone has the right to eat good food, but we recognise that not everyone can come to us.
Enter, Hazelmere on Wheels: a weekly service to those who find it difficult to get out and about, or produce the kind of food that they would really enjoy eating. Every Wednesday morning our van can deliver cakes, pastries, pies and ready meals from our deli to your door. Simply call us to place your order. Unlike other food delivery services, our drivers are happy to stay and chat providing company, friendship and a well-being check so crucial to those who live alone. It’s our way of giving something back to the local community. Any of the divine products that we sell in the shop can be delivered to you, so come on, get that list ready !
- Beef Lasagne – Serves 1 – £3.70
A traditional recipe consisting of rich cheese sauce, bolognese and durum wheat pasta.
- Braised Lamb’s Liver and Smoked Bacon Casserole – Serves 1 £3.70
Braised lamb’s liver with smoked bacon in a rich red wine gravy.
- Cottage Pie – Serves 1 – £3.70
A traditional dish consisting of minced local beef, carrots and onions topped with creamy mashed potatoes.
- Cumbrian Lamb Tattie Pot – Serves 1 – £3.70 (Wheat free)
Local lamb cooked with onions, carrots and peas, flavoured with mint and topped with local potatoes.
- Luxury Fisherman’s Pie – Serves 1 – £4.75
Smoked haddock, cod, fresh salmon and prawns in a creamy dill sauce topped with mashed potato.
- Rich Beef, Vegetable and Red Wine Stew – Serves 1 – £3.50
A delicious combination of local beef , carrots, swede, potatoes and garden peas in a rich red wine gravy.
- Turkey and Leek Crumble – Serves 1 – £3.70
Delicious combination of tender turkey breast, fresh leeks and mushrooms in a rich white sauce with sage, topped with a crunchy crumble of rolled oats, bread crumbs and cheese
- Pork in Orange & Brandy – Serves 1 – £4.85
Succulent local pork enhanced with freshly squeezed oranges and brandy sauce.
- Sausage & Mash with Onion Gravy – Serves 1 – £3.95
Three locally made pork sausages, smothered in a rich caramalised onion gravy with creamy, buttery mashed potato.
- Moroccan Lamb Tagine – Serves 1 – £5.95
Succulent lamb pieces in a fruity tagine with harissa and mixed vegetables to give an aromatic authentic Moroccan flavour.
- Somerset Pork – Serves 1 – £4.85
Pieces of tender pork loin braised with white onions and apples in a creamy sage and organic cider sauce.
- Sweet & Sour Chicken – Serves 1 – £4.50
A delicious dish of chicken breast sliced with peppers, water chestnuts, pineapple and vegetables in a piquant sweet and sour sauce.
Handmade Vegetarian Ready Meals
- Leek, Mushroom and Stilton Bake – Serves 1 – £3.15 (v)
A rich, delicious dish topped with a nutty crumble.
- Red Lentil and Tomato Dhal – Serves 1 – £2.45 (Vegan) (G/F)
A Sri Lankan dish with braised red lentils, fresh tomatoes and carrots, spices, coconut milk and lime juice. A mild to medium dish
- Mixed Bean Bake – Serves 1 – £3.50 (v)
Cannellini beans, red kidney beans and butterbeans in a rich red wine and tomato sauce containing red and green peppers, herbs and celery, topped with a crunchy crumble flavoured with mozzarella cheese and pine nuts.
- Aubergine and Feta Moussaka – Serves 1 – £3.95 (v)
A delicious vegetarian dish of layered aubergines with a red wine rich lentil and tomato filling and finished with a creamy feta cheese topping.
- Rich Mushroom Stroganoff – Serves 1 – £3.50 (v)
Fresh mushrooms enhanced with peppers, french mustard, gherkins and garlic, finished with fresh cream.
- 5 Bean Ragout – Serves 1 – £3.50 (v)
A delicious mixture of 5 different beans, cherry tomatoes and courgettes in a harissa spiced sauce topped with buffalo mozzarella and mixed herbs. Serve with Hazelmere garlic focaccia for a great meal!
- Trio of Chefs Vegetables – Serves 2 – £3.50
Locally grown vegetables cooked to perfection
- Mash and Roast Potatoes – Serves 2 – £3.50
Local farmers potatoes buttered and mashed and crispy roast potatoes.
- Basmati & Turmeric Rice – Serves 2 – £2.00
Delicious basmati rice enhanced with turmeric.
Handmade Family Pies – Serve 3/4
- Cheese and Onion Pie – £6.00
A delicious handmade pie produced using homemade pastry, filled with vegetarian cheddar cheese, braised onions and enhanced with local potatoes and chives
- Steak and Kidney Pie – £8.20
Local beef and kidney braised in a rich gravy and encased in our own homemade pastry
- Chicken and Mushroom Pie – £7.20
A delicious pie of tender chicken and fresh mushrooms in a creamy sauce enhanced with herbs and encased in homemade pastry.
- Blackcurrant Pie – £4.45
Homemade sweet pastry filled with fruity blackcurrants.
- Bramley Apple Pie – £4.45
Traditional apple pie made with homemade sweet pastry. Great with rum and raisin ice cream or custard
- Blackcurrant and Apple Pie – £4.45
A pie of homemade sweet pastry and filled with a delicious fruit combination.
- Apple Crumble/ Bread & Butter/Pudding /Sticky Toffee Pudding – £3.25
A selection of homemade puddings made here at The Hazelmere using local ingredients.
Also in the Hazelmere freezer
- Morecambe Bay Potted Shrimps – £4.20
A local delicacy sold in single portion pots, packed by Flookburgh fisherman for us. Delicious with toasted Hazelmere brown bread.
- Ice cream from The Handmade Ice Cream Co. – £4.95 500ml
Literally handmade using fresh whole milk and double cream and crammed with the finest of ingredients. Tastes like real ice cream should ! Serve with any of our homemade desserts for a fabulous combination. A variety of different flavours available.