Sample Daytime Menu (All dishes are subject to change)
Multi – award winning Afternoon Teas served 2.00 pm – 3.30 pm
- Traditional Afternoon Tea – £19.95
Selection of finger sandwiches; scone, homemade blackcurrant and gin conserve, Cheshire clotted cream; homemade cakes; Choice of tea from our extensive tea menu.
- Cumbrian Cream Tea – £8.95
Sultana scone, homemade damson conserve, whipped Lakeland cream or Cheshire clotted cream, pot of special house tea or Lover’s Leap, Pedro Estate, Sri Lanka
- Children’s Peter Rabbit Afternoon Tea – £10.95
Rabbit shaped sandwich of home roasted ham or egg mayonnaise; carrot sticks; flapjack or caramel shortbread; pot of Urawalla Estate tea, Sri Lanka or choice of juice Served on Wedgewood Peter Rabbit ware
Slice of homemade vegetarian pie:
served 11.45 am – 3.00 pm
Dragon pie(vegan), Crecy pie, mushroom and nut or cheese, potato and onion pie £9.95
Mixed leaf salad; red cabbage slaw ; homemade chutney
Freshly Cut sandwiches £10.95 served 11.45 am – 3.30 pm
All our bread is entirely homemade in our bakery, on the premises, every morning. Choose from granary, white or brown bread. Served with a small leaf salad and a choice of soup or a side of hand cut chips
The chutneys, relishes and dressing are all entirely home made made by us – some are available to purchase in the bakery shop to enjoy at home
- Home roasted ham, piccalilli
- Hawes Wensleydale cheese and damson curd(v)
- Free range egg mayonnaise and rocket (v)
- Cartmel Valley smoked salmon and cream cheese
- Corn – fed Chicken, home made mango chutney
Toasted sandwiches £11.95 served 11.45 am – 3.30 pm
All our bread is entirely homemade, in our bakery, on the premises every day. Choose from granary, white or brown bread. Served with a spinach and rocket salad and a choice of soup or a side of hand cut chips
The chutneys, relishes and dressing are all entirely home made – a selection is available to purchase in the Hazelmere Bakery Shop to enjoy at home.
- Mrs Kirkham Tasty Lancashire or Kendal Creamy cheese (v)
homemade tomato and apple chutney
- Inglewhites Goat’s cheese, homemade beetroot chutney (v)
- Local bacon and brie
With homemade cranberry and orange relish
- Home roasted ham with Mrs Kirkham Tasty Lancashire or Kendal Creamy cheese
Gluten free bread is available, (not homemade). Some of the dishes can be served using gluten free ingredients-please ask
LIGHT plates served from 11.45 am – 3.00pm
- Frank Benson’s hand picked, potted Morecambe Bay shrimps on toasted Bavarian malted bread, spinach and rocket salad. £11.95
Cumbrian air dried ham or locally smoked salmon from Cartmel Valley Smokehouse, smashed avocado, roasted vine cherry tomatoes, toasted chia seed bread, homemade spinach, rocket and walnut pesto.£12.50
- Baked Camembert, mixed berry compote, rosemary, garlic bread Starter £7.95 Sharing £12.95
- Fresh beetroot, Inglewhites Goat’s cheese and balsamic walnuts, blueberries, pumpkin seeds, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, spinach and rocket salad, house dressing.
MAIN plates from £14.95 served from 11.45 am – 3.00 pm
- VEGAN Butternut squash, chickpea and spinach curry, basmati rice, poppadoms, home made mango chutney.
- Steak and Cartmel Ale pie, mashed potato or hand cut chips, seasonal vegetables, rich gravy
- Beer battered haddock (Smaller portion £11.95) hand cut chips, mushy peas, tartar sauce
- Breaded Scampi – (Smaller portion £11.95) hand cut chips, tartar sauce, garden peas
- Cartmel Valley Cumberland Sausage, spring onion mashed potatoes, red wine gravy, seasonal vegetables.
- Pan-fried sea bass fillet, buttered mixed greens and samphire, saute potatoes, chorizo.
- Please advise the staff of any food allergies before ordering regardless of whether you think a dish may contain certain allergens or not. We are unable to guarantee anything is 100% allergen free.
- Summer berry crumble Double Jersey Ice cream
- Hazelmere sticky toffee pudding Double Jersey vanilla ice cream
- Fresh strawberry tart Fresh cream Crushed strawberry ice cream
- Chocolate and almond torte Double Jersey vanilla ice cream Rich cherry compote
- Home made sticky ginger cake caramelised banana rum and raisin ice cream
- Hand cut chips (v) – £3.95
- Red cabbage slaw VEGAN £2.95
- Hazelmere, home made artisan breads with olive oil and balsamic dip. £3.95
Cakes and Desserts from £3.50
Selection may change
- Almond tart
- Egg custard tartlet
- Caramel shortbread
- Flapjack ( vegan )
- Currant slice
- Carrot cake
- Oat and fruit slice ( vegan )
- Vanilla Slice
- Beesting A gooey indulgence filled with confectioner’s custard and topped with chewy dried fruits and nuts
- Strawberry tart
- Date and walnut fudge tart with fresh Lakeland cream
- Chocolate and almond torte with black cherry compote and double Jersey ice cream or fresh Lakeland ice cream
- Bramley apple pie with double Jersey ice cream or fresh Lakeland cream
- Eccles cake with Wensleydale cheese
- Yorkshire curd tart With Wensleydale cheese
- Cumberland rum nicky A local cake originating from the Cumberland coast trade with the West Indies and consisting of dates, cherries, rum butter and ginger in a sweet pastry case with fresh cream
- Bakewell tart with double Jersey ice cream
- Sultana scone or wholemeal fruit and walnut scone with homemade damson conserve with homemade damson conserve and whipped Lakeland cream or clotted cream
- Selection of English Lakes ice cream
Tasting notes for some of the cheeses
- Kendal Creamy : Sizergh Barn Farm, Kendal
Smooth and creamy with a full flavour
- Mrs Kirkham Tasty Lancashire :Goosenargh, Preston
Deliciously strong with a sharp bite.
- Inglewhites goats cheese, Preston
A smooth yet hard cheese, with the tangy goats milk taste accompanied by a smooth finish.
- Wensleydale : Hawes Dairy
Creamy and mellow with a slight tang.
DID you know ?
We make all our own conserves, chutneys, and relishes…. using fruit from our own garden when in season. They are all available from the bakery shop to take home.
Many of our suppliers are local farmers and family run businesses who we have had the pleasure of buying from for years and who are as passionate about food as we are ! Our milk comes from Wraysholme Farm at Allithwaite. It is delivered in mini churns which are returned and refilled- no plastic waste and minimum food miles! Our meat comes from local butcher , Procters. All our smoked foods are carefully prepared for us by Jon Stott at Cartmel Valley Smoke House and Brian Hargan at Flookbrough makes sure every day we get the best in fruit and vegetables. Frank Benson catches our shrimps from Morecambe Bay and our fish comes from Neves at Fleetwood, fresh from the docks ! The eggs we use are all from free range hens who wander happily on Geldards farm at Low Foulshaw Farm, Levens.