Handmade Ready Meals and Pies
- Food and friendship: Bringing the taste of The Hazelmere to your home – One of life’s greatest pleasures is well cooked homemade food !
We’re proud of our strong ties to the local community and enjoy long standing relationships with suppliers and customers alike. We also believe that everyone has the right to eat good food, but we recognise that not everyone can come to us.
Enter, Hazelmere on Wheels: a weekly service to those who find it difficult to get out and about, or produce the kind of food that they would really enjoy eating. Our van can deliver cakes, pastries, pies and ready meals from our deli to your door. Simply call us to place your order. Unlike other food delivery services, our drivers are happy to stay and chat providing company, friendship and a well-being check so crucial to those who live alone. It’s our way of giving something back to the local community. Any of the divine products that we sell in the shop can be delivered to you, so come on, get that list ready !
Please note we are now offering an extensive delivery service.
Please see our home page for delivery days.
- Beef Lasagne – Serves 1 – £4.10
A traditional recipe consisting of rich cheese sauce, bolognese and durum wheat pasta.
- Braised Lamb’s Liver and Smoked Bacon Casserole – Serves 1 £4.10
Braised lamb’s liver with smoked bacon in a rich red wine gravy.
- Cottage Pie – Serves 1 – £4.10
A traditional dish consisting of minced local beef, carrots and onions topped with creamy mashed potatoes.
- Cumbrian Lamb Tattie Pot – Serves 1 – £4.10 ( GFI )
Local lamb cooked with onions, carrots and peas, flavoured with mint and topped with local potatoes.
- Luxury Fisherman’s Pie – Serves 1 – £5.80 ( GFI )
Smoked haddock, cod, fresh salmon and prawns in a creamy dill sauce topped with mashed potato.
- New Recipe Rich Beef, Vegetable and Red Wine Stew with dumplings – Serves 1 – £4.80
A delicious combination of local beef , carrots, swede, potatoes and garden peas in a rich red wine gravy topped with dumplings
- Turkey and Leek Crumble – Serves 1 – £4.10
Delicious combination of tender turkey breast, fresh leeks and mushrooms in a rich white sauce with sage, topped with a crunchy crumble of rolled oats, bread crumbs and cheese
- Pork in Orange & Brandy – Serves 1 – £5.35 ( GFI )
Succulent local pork enhanced with freshly squeezed oranges and brandy sauce.
- Moroccan Lamb Tagine – Serves 1 – £6.55 ( GFI )
Succulent lamb pieces in a fruity tagine with harissa and mixed vegetables to give an aromatic authentic Moroccan flavour.
- Chicken and vegetable casserole – Serves 1 – £3.95 Serves 2 – £7.50 ( GFI )
- A delicious casserole of fresh chicken with onions, celery, carrots and potatoes and finished with fresh rosemary
Serves 1- £2.50 Please ask about our flavours
- Handmade Vegetarian Ready Meals
- Leek, Mushroom and Stilton Bake – Serves 1 – £3.75 (v)
A rich, delicious dish topped with a nutty crumble.
- Red Lentil and Tomato Dhal – Serves 1 – £3.00 (Vegan) ( GFI )
A Sri Lankan dish with braised red lentils, fresh tomatoes and carrots, spices, coconut milk and lime juice. A mild to medium dish
- Aubergine and Feta Moussaka – Serves 1 – £4.35(v)
A delicious vegetarian dish of layered aubergines with a red wine rich lentil and tomato filling and finished with a creamy feta cheese topping.
- Trio of Chefs Vegetables – Serves 2 – £3.90
Locally grown vegetables cooked to perfection
- Basmati & Turmeric Rice – Serves 2 – £2.20
Delicious basmati rice enhanced with turmeric.
Handmade Family Pies – Serve 3/4
- Cheese and Onion Pie – £6.00
A delicious handmade pie produced using homemade pastry, filled with vegetarian cheddar cheese, braised onions and enhanced with local potatoes and chives
- Steak and Kidney Pie – £8.20
Local beef and kidney braised in a rich gravy and encased in our own homemade pastry
- Apple Crumble or Bread & Butter/Pudding
Homemade puddings made here at The Hazelmere using local ingredients.
- ( GFI ) Whilst we do our very best to accommodate everyone, unfortunately we cannot guarantee that our kitchens, bakehouse or our suppliers are 100% allergen free.
- Although some of our dishes are made with wheat free ingredients, we are an artisan bakery and therefore flour is present at all times.
- Specials: Serve 1.
For the week ending Saturday 9th May
Each week our talented chefs produce special dishes for you to enjoy. When they are gone they are gone!
NEW RECIPE Sweet and sour Chicken £4.95
A delicious oriental dish of fresh chicken in a homemade sauce of pineapple, peppers, water chestnuts, soya sauce and white vinegar finished with sesame seeds.
Chickpea, coconut, spinach and butternut squash korma £4.25 Suitable for vegans * (GFI)
Delicious with our side dish of golden basmati and turmeric rice
Mediterranean Vegetable Lasagne Suitable for vegetarians £4.45
A delicious dish of peppers, courgettes and aubergines in a rich tomato sauce layered with pasta and tasty Cheddar cheese sauce and topped with green pesto (Contains pine nuts)
Chilli con carne with rice £3.95
A traditional dish of minced beef and red kidney beans flavoured with an authentic Mexican spice blend and served with a side of boiled rice. A delicious complete meal.
Mixed nut and cranberry roast £2.50 Suitable for vegans
A slice of homemade nut roast made of whole hazelnuts with walnut, peanut and almond pieces enhanced with cranberries, sauted onions and herbs.
Spotted Dick pudding with custard £2.25
Eve’s pudding with custard £2.25
- Also in the Hazelmere freezer
- Morecambe Bay Potted Shrimps – £4.20
A local delicacy sold in single portion pots, packed by Flookburgh fisherman for us. Delicious with toasted Hazelmere brown bread.
- Ice cream from The Handmade Ice Cream Co. – £4.95 500ml
Literally handmade using fresh whole milk and double cream and crammed with the finest of ingredients. Tastes like real ice cream should ! Serve with any of our homemade desserts for a fabulous combination. A variety of different flavours available.
- Please note: prices may change without prior notice